Considering dog daycare?
Please read the document below for additional information about your dog’s first day in daycare.
New dog introductions are Monday through Saturday by appointment only. New Dog Introductions are $20 per dog and include a daycare evaluation and up to 2 hours of daycare.
New Dog Introductions
If it is your dog's first time to our dog daycare, they are required to complete a "New Dog Introduction". During the introduction, we perform a behavioral assessment and introduce them to our dog "pack" so they can play in dog daycare!
Our team uses reward-based, positive reinforcement, and verbal commands to shape basic manners and appropriate play skills. Activities are supervised and dogs are provided with safe play equipment and toys to stimulate healthy interactions among the dogs.
We are committed to making PMC's Dog Daycare a very positive and rewarding experience for every dog that attends.
We also offer overnight stays to board your pets!
- $6.00 per hour per dog
- 30 hours for $165 ($15.00 discount from “Pay-as-you-go” rates)
- 50 hours for $235 ($65 discount from “Pay-as-you-go” rates)
- 75 hours for $350 ($100 discount from “Pay-as-you-go” rates)
- 105 hours for $455 ($175 discount from “Pay-as-you-go” rates)
- Unlimited Monthly $500 (auto-draft subscription)
See Health Requirements for Daycare below.
Play Rules and Expectations
Basic manners and appropriate play skills are a vital part of healthy interactions with staff and other dogs. All dogs in daycare are immersed in the appropriate shaping of those skills every moment they are here. This is done with reward-based positive reinforcement and verbal markers.
Daycare Health Requirements
- Examination by a licensed veterinarian within six months prior to admittance. Yearly proof of examination is required thereafter.
- Negative fecal examination (intestinal parasites and Giardia) within six months prior to admittance and every 6 months thereafter. The test results must be provided by a licensed veterinarian.
- All dogs must be over 4 months of age.
- All dogs over 7 months must be spayed or neutered. *There is a two week minimum waiting period for healing after surgery before your dog can return to daycare.*
- All dogs must complete a thorough temperament assessment by a member of our staff prior to admittance to daycare.
- If you require a slightly later pick-up time (past 5 pm), please call us to see if we can accommodate your request!
Must have a 2 vaccination series against distemper and parvo, the last one at 12 weeks or older, or a blood titer test showing immunity to distemper/ parvo prior to admittance. If no titer test, the final parvo vaccination will be required at 16 weeks or older at least one month prior to admittance into dog daycare. The last vaccination has to be given at least 4 weeks or more before admittance to daycare.
Vaccination against distemper/ parvo after 1 year of age if had series are given at less than 6 months of age, or a protective blood titer against distemper and parvo prior to admittance. If a dog did not have vaccinations at less than 1 year of age then it needs to have the vaccination at least 1 month prior to admittance or have a blood titer test showing immunity to distemper parvo prior to admittance.
Proof of distemper/ parvo vaccination every 3 years or a protective blood titer for distemper/parvo every 3 years.
Pet must be current on vaccines for Rabies and Distemper/Parvo. Titer tests/veterinarian health waivers are accepted.
Current rabies certificate required to prove vaccination by 4 months of age. Vaccination must be given 1 month or more before admittance.
Requirements can be waived if health conditions preclude vaccinating. In order for requirements to be waived a protective blood titer must be shown at least one month prior to admittance.
Have records from another Vet?
Email them to us!
Comments? Please fill out the short form and we'll contact you shortly.